Running Out ft. iSH Running Out ft. iSH

Strange shit mang, I came upon this same acapella; just posted my version last night!

Really like your version of it!

Concept Stride Concept Stride

Hell yea man, I love the strings; really reminds me of some Pitch Black. You've got a tight mix and a proper ass arrangement. Would love to hear some vocals over top of this.

Keep it up mang

Dirtbag [Re-arrangement] Dirtbag [Re-arrangement]

First thought, the mixing is superb. Sounds great! I kinda thought the progression was amateur for a moment until it kicks in, and suddenly my attention is caught. The synth was a little off-putting; this song is perfectly capable of getting by without that poor electronic noise (not to say it's dissonant; but I suppose -personally- I think it's in the way). I thought at times the vocals could have hit a little harder; you sort of maintain a consistent and sort of repetitive, borderline monotone cadence. Fitting for lyrical content, I'm sure, but I guess I've been listening to too much Stone Temple Pilots to be settled with what you do.

All in all, great song. Surprised to find this sort of tune on the portal!

Orpheus responds:

Glad you still enjoyed despite the minor downsides! And of course, let's keep the portal varied! :)

- VT

Need Some Help Here Need Some Help Here

Like what I hear so far, kinda some Halo/Kingdom Hearts sort of filler music. Maybe move into some higher chord progression, sounds like it's starting to build at the end. Lots of room for epic soundtrack!

Prexis responds:

This is like basic barebones. Lol.

Desolation Desolation

Not exactly anything I'd listen to, but I think a lot of effort was put into this. Pretty repetitive, but definitely headed in a good direction. Keep up the good work and don't stop putting your all into it.

JacksonTime responds:

Thanks man, this isn't my best song because I recorded it like a year ago. I feel like I'm a much more seasoned songwriter now.

Simplistic Mudokons Simplistic Mudokons

Too chaotic. I can see how everything would fit together, but the synth did not stay consistent volume-wise, and the drums seemed poorly crafted as an arrangement. As well, the samples did not fit in very well (I'd recommend using some FX or automation to keep their entry and exit smooth and a bit more in the background. Keep at it, you're on to something.

monk1 responds:

Honestly, it wasn't meant to be that serious at all, but I do really appreciate your comments and appreciation for what's there.
I'll look into what you said my newer stuff I do. :)

Leaving Our Galaxy Leaving Our Galaxy

Around 00:24 the strings are arranged nicely, yet the tremolo slapped me right in the wrong spot of my taste and it seemed too loud...however I only thought that for a second. Really like the way the strings move in an out; it sets up a mystical scene, a feeling of unknowing yet moving forward, and simply for that ability to do so, I applaud you and this song.

LawnReality responds:

I'm really glad you enjoyed the track, thank you!

Above the clouds Above the clouds

Very appropriately titled. Well mixed and the feeling of being "Above the Clouds" is apparent. That snare might be a little too up front, and I like the wash-away feel of it, but it's a bit much. Nevertheless I saw myself being able to nerd out on some fantastic cloud game with this as background music.

Great job!

Reconnection Reconnection

Very trancelike; makes for a nice heavy, yet melodic track. The synth after the drop is a bit loud and too in my face, however it is placed well. Seems like sound mixing (I'm not listening through very good speakers :P). If you have time you should really come back to this track and work out a few things here and there!

Caritas - Will It Blend? Caritas - Will It Blend?

That synth in the beginning was a bit piercing, but that bass definitely made it worth the listen, as well as the kickass line at 1:53. The wobbly feel of that lead synth could be done without.

Overall this track kicks hard enough for me to love it.

CaritasGaming responds:

It WAS a bit much, wasn't it? I couldn't figure out if it was or not, and ended up leaving it go. Thank you for confirming my suspicions.